Saturday, August 20, 2011

30-Day Challenge-- Day-23 Something you always think "what if" about

So when approaching this prompt, I had a few routes I could go. I could go the sentimental route, the clever/witty route, the practical route the possibilities were endless.

I don't like to ever wonder "What if..." because I don't believe that regrets and thoughts of that nature is healthy. A person could literally drive himself crazy thinking about things like that. You know the classic "what if..." what if I was 10 years old but had the knowledge I have now. People always get off on the thought that they would go back and make a shit load of money, people forget that money doesn't make you happy. Sure it helps, but who's to say that you winning all that money wouldn't change all the great memories you have growing up. Who's to say you'd turn out the same?

I'm at crossroads here trying to decide where to take this prompt... Here's what I decided to do.

The "What if..." I'm choosing to talk about is What if I had gone to a different high school. ( I know intriguing and interesting, etc. etc. lol)

I chose this one because I loved my high school experience. I made great friendships, and strengthened old ones.

If I had not gone to San Jose High Academy, there is a big list of things I would have never done (probably)

1. I would have never met my best friend.

2. I would have not been able to write and speak as fluently as I do in Portuguese.

3. Rapaziada, would have never existed.

Just those three things and really only two of them are important to me.

When I met my best friend, he knows who he is haha, we didn't really get along. I didn't like him, I didn't know him. But as gay as it sounds, I thank God everyday that he didnt listen to me when I told him to get the fuck away from me. I would be a much different person today if I had never met him.

As a result of our friendship, Rapaziada was born. I would not trade those memories for all the money in the world.

Had I gone to another school, maybe I would have focused more on school, maybe I would have become a more professional person, or successful even. But I consider myself one of the luckiest guys in the world, to not only have the friends I have, but the memories and life I have.

Going back to the classic "What if..."

Being rich is over rated. That's why so many rich people end up killing themselves. More money, More problems!

Check in tomorrow for Day 24 of the Challenge with its prompt, "Things you want to say to 5 different people."

No comments:

Post a Comment