Wednesday, August 17, 2011

30-Day Challenge-- Day-21 Something you can't seem to get over

Today's prompt is very near and dear to my heart.

I'm going to keep it short and sweet, because this is a topic I can go on and on about.

5 years ago, one of bravest, most amazing people I've ever had the good fortune to know was taken from us. He was only 22 years old, but in those 22 years of life, he truly touched every person he came in contact with. I always admired him for being original, for being himself, in a world full of clones. He didn't mind being different or straying from the pack. He was one of the most caring, loving kind people in the world, and I miss him and I think about him every single day.

I'll never forget all the amazing time we had together. Lots of them coming from Rapaziada gigs. We partied, played music, and slept in hotel rooms up and down California with a tight knit group of brothers like I've never seen.

Rapaziada wasn't just a band, we were a family! We are a Family!

Sometimes, especially now that we haven't been playing, I think back to all the gigs, and all the songs, and all the parties, and it chokes me up. I genuinely miss being on stage with those brothers of mine, rocking out. I miss looking over to my right and seeing Kevin holding his trumpet and screaming I LOVE THIS BAND! I miss Tiago walking to the front of the stage to play his solo on Chorando se foi. I miss Makadoo's stick counts, and Cesar's mess ups. I miss Roger's Michael Jackson yelps, and Eric's fog machine antics. I miss Paul jumping up on stage and tripping over a bail of hay. I miss little Kevin's Disappearing acts, and John crying about not getting a solo on I wanna be like you.

I miss it all.

I hope we decide to play again. Because even though Kevin is up in heaven now, every time we play a gig, I know he's there!

Check in tomorrow for Day 22 of the Challenge with its prompt, "10 things about you people don't really expect."

No comments:

Post a Comment