Saturday, August 13, 2011

30-Day Challenge-- Day-17 Things that make you scared

Today's prompt is about things that make me scared. I try not to fear too many things, I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and that everything resolves itself. (Wishful thinking sometimes)

Some people fear death. Not me. When it's my time to go, I want to make sure I did everything in my power to have lived a life to its fullest potential. I know the day I perish, that anyone who looks back at my life will be able to say, "He lived." Because so many of us never really live, I really like the famous quote spoken by William Wallace (Mel Gibson) in the movie Braveheart, "Every man dies, but not every man lives." I intend on being one of those who really live.

I am scared of failing. Now let me explain that a bit more. I'm not talking about failing my math test, or failing to watch a football game on sunday (even though that would be tragic lol) The failing I'm talking about is deeper than that.

I'm scared that all this reaching I'm doing for the biggest of my dreams, will Fail.

I'm scared I wont succeed in life the way I plan to. That I'll fall just short of reaching the top tier of my goals.

The fear though, only serves as a motivator. As I mention in my earlier blogs I am super stubborn. The thought of the challenge, definitely pushes me forward. The fear also pushes me forward, it helps keep me balanced, not cocky, and focused on what I need to do.

If I didn't fear Failing, I would have no consequences for not achieving my goals, and without consequences one rarely sees results.

So Im thankful for this fear, this chip on my shoulder, because I know it will inspire me to keep on truckin'

Check in tomorrow for Day 18 of the Challenge with its prompt, "Disrespecting parents."


No comments:

Post a Comment