Thursday, July 28, 2011

30-Day Challenge-- Day-1 Something you love about yourself.

Something I love about myself... Should be easy right? I mean I consider myself (hopefully others consider me too) to be a good person. I value loyalty and honesty, and principle. The one thing I've chosen to speak of though, in accordance to the prompt, is my sense of humor. I love my sense of humor, and here's why...

I believe that in a world like ours, and more specifically a society like ours, a person with a sense of humor allows for all the injustices we face each day, and throughout our lives to bounce right off.

It allows someone like me, to brush certain circumstances and road blocks aside. We are each dealt a hand in this life, some of us get full houses and four of a kinds right off the bat. Others must discard and draw until they feel content with the hand they hold. Still others, unfortunately muck their hand and ruin their lives.

I thank God everyday that my hand included a sense of humor.

It's important to be able to laugh at myself sometimes, it helps the healing process, it pushes me forward and not backwards. It allows me to be comfortable in my own skin. Far too many of us are not so comfortable.

So once again, I love my sense of humor.

Check in tomorrow for Day--2 of the challenge with its prompt-- "How have you changed in the past 2 years?"

1 comment: