Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Straight Men for Gay Rights Part 2






You know, this equal rights issue has really started to get on my nerves!

This should not even be an issue. It’s so logical anyone with a pulse should be able to understand it.

EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO MARRY THE PERSON THEY LOVE!

Period.

End of story.

The problem in this country is that for some unknown reason everyone wants to dictate how others should live their lives.

If you have Facebook, and most of the world does at this point, you have read endless posts about why people should have the right to marry their loves. You have also read the stupidity of those who think Homosexual marriage is a sin, or an outrage, or whatever other bullshit excuses people are giving. Here’s my answer to some of those stupid idiots who feel that marriage should not be enjoyed equally across the board.

Excuse number 1 People are using, “Marriage is a sacred bond between man and woman, allowing homosexuals to marry within their gender would destroy that purity.”

Give me a fucking break! Honestly, marriage in this country is a joke! It pains me to say this, since I am a believer in true love, and consider myself a hopeless romantic.

But when you look at marriage in this country over 50% end in divorce.

When we see every single day of our lives politicians lie about the skeletons in their closets.

Or our athletes, you know our children’s role models cheat and divorce, and make up for it with big diamond rings…

Give me a break people! Marriage in the United States of America has lost its purity, and sacredness way before homosexuality.

So stop blaming your failures on certain members of our society. We are all to blame for the loss of the purity in marriage.

Excuse number 2, “The bible says… BLAH BLAH BLAH”

The Bible says a lot of things; it is a very thick book with very small print!

I have mentioned this in a prior posting about gay marriage, years ago when prop 8 first got passed.

But I find it so hypocritical of the Catholic church to come out so vehemently against gay marriage, when a large percentage of their priests commit not just homosexual acts, but with children…

This is not a shot at the Church, I am a proud member of the Catholic Church, I have been my whole life, but I find it hypocritical to teach forgiveness, and acceptance, and then to picket and protest the equality of love. Who are you to questions someone’s love, and commitment?

It is NOT a sin to be gay!  Let me just be clear and repeat it again, IT IS NOT A SIN TO BE GAY!

But, even if it was a sin. Even if being gay was a sin, we are taught in church, through the bible mind you, that God will FORGIVE THOSE WHO SIN. So even by your small thinking mentality, if you truly feel that being gay is a sin, then do as Jesus would, and Forgive!

Excuse number 3… (This one really really pisses me off) “GOD HATES HOMO’s”

I’ve seen sign, and sign of people stating that God Hates this, and God hates that…

God does not lack the compassion to even entertain the emotion of hate. If you truly believe that God is capable of hating anything or anyone you have serious issues within.

Jesus died on the cross for our sins… remember?

He did not hate those who crucified him, he did not hold a grudge… He forgave them, and accepted that this was their decision.

Much like you all must accept that some people are gay, and some are straight. This miniscule detail does not make them good or bad, wrong or right. It makes them Unique, and HUMAN! Just like the rest of us!

There are lots of other excuses people are citing as debate topics for why Gay Marriage should not be legalized.

These three are one’s I’ve come across over and over, and over again.

I will leave you with my two cents on the issue.

Gay Marriage, should not even be a term used. Marriage is Marriage. Be it man and woman, man and man, or woman and woman. If the love is there, the commitment, the dedication, and the trust, then it should be deemed worthy of marriage.

People are associating the gay rights movement with the civil rights movement.

I would like to think that America could look back at their short history, and realize that Gay or Straight we are all EQUAL! Everyone deserves to be happy.

This should not be an issue at the Supreme Court, this should just be a GIVEN!

Love is Love, regardless of the gender associated with it.

To all my Gay friends and family. I support you! I love you! And I truly hope America takes their heads out of their asses and realize that you have been shunned, and bullied enough.

That you have taken the endless ridicule of this nation, and done so in stride.

I hope OUR (not your, because straight or gay intelligent people are all on the same side) fight for EQUALITY is a successful one!

And to those who are opposed:

Live your life to the best of your ability, and allow others to do the same. Because when you stop focusing on yourself, and start focusing on others, that's when your life begins to spiral downwards.

And I'd hate for the blame of your failing lives, to be loaded onto the shoulders of the  Gay Community too.

2 comments: