Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'll be ME and you be YOU!


Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television. Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers..... Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind numbing, spirit crushing game shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life..... But why would I want to do a thing like that?
-Ewan McGregor in the movie Trainspotting


When I read this quote, it just spoke to me. In this life, we really do have the power to CHOOSE, but how many of us truly use it?

Yeah we choose whether or not to go to sleep early, or wake up early. We choose what we have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sure!

But the choosing I am talking about is the choices that leave their mark on our lives.

So in the clip above Ewan McGregor chooses heroin over anything else, and yes that is a fucked up choice to say the least, but the message, in my opinion, is do what you want. Do what makes you happy.

We are only here for a blink of an eye, and in that blink of an eye, we worry far too much about insignificant things.

We worry about money.
We worry about who likes us and who doesn't.
We worry about what so-and-so thinks of us.
We worry about being rich.
We worry about being good people.
We worry about death.
We worry about our children.
We worry about our pets.
you get the point...WE FUCKING WORRY!

But for what? It is my belief that rough times, work themselves out in the end. With or Without our worrying.

Bad shit happens, so that we could appreciate the good.

Things fall apart, so that better things can fall together.

I have always tried to just be me. Nothing more and nothing less. I don't pretend to be something or someone I'm not, because any person who falls for that kind of bullshit doesn't belong in my life anyways.

Luckily, I have great friends and great family surrounding me. They love me for who I am. I don't have to try extra hard to impress them.

To those of you, who aren't quite as fortunate as I am, just be yourselves, and those people who matter, the ones who truly love you and accept you for who you are will come out of the wood work. I promise you!

And the ones who never belonged there in the first place, will disappear leaving behind no trace of ever existing in your world. That disappearance, is a wonderful thing.

It is a remarkable feeling to look around you, and know that every single person in your life belongs there. Every single person gives more than two shits about how your feeling, and how your living. Because they know that you would, too, go to the end of the Earth to help them when trouble arises.

So to end this rather Emo post, I want to thank my whole family, and each and everyone of my friends for always being there, for caring, for loving me unconditionally, and for allowing me to always just be me!

To those still on the fence, trying super hard to fit in. Just One Time be Courageous Enough to just BE YOU!

You will be Liberated, You will feel better than you have your whole life.

Or don't, the CHOICE really is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment